Michael Koncz on Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao: "If the fans still want to see this fight, we're willing to do it."
Hatton rejects Katsidis' invitation to come out of retirement
A spokesperson for Hatton Promotions says Ricky Hatton is content with his new life and has no intentions of coming out of retirement to fight Michael Katisidis, who recently called the former 140-pound champ out.
Ricky Hatton has told Michael Katsidis, 'thanks, but no thanks', in response to the Australian lightweight contender's demand for the Manchester legend to come out of retirement for a catchweight contest him in 2012.
Talking exclusively to Ringtv, Hatton Promotions’ representative, Paul Speak insisted Katsidis, who faces Ricky Burns for the WBO interim lightweight title at London's Wembley Arena on Saturday, can forget about a future showdown with the Hitman because it is a total non-starter.
The message to Katsidis (28-4, 23 knockouts) could not be clearer. Hatton, 32, has hung up the gloves for good and is now interested only in managing and promoting his impressive stable of boxers and launching his new career as a trainer. The former two-weight world champion makes his trainer debut on Nov 12, at the Oldham Leisure Centre, Lancashire, in the corner of up-and-coming English welterweight, Adam Little.
"It is wonderful that Michael Katsidis would want to fight Ricky but we can tell him and everyone else that it will be not happening at any time. Ricky has retired as a fighter, permanently, and there's no suggestion he will be climbing back into the ring again," Speak said Thursday.
"There will be no comeback. There will be no return. All Ricky wants to do and all he is focusing on is his work as head of Hatton Promotions and his first professional fight as a trainer for Adam Little."
As for the idea that contact between Katsidis and former junior welterweight and welterweight holder Hatton (45-2, 32 KOs) had been made, through mutual friend and promoter Graham Earl, the response from Speak was equally emphatic. Utter nonsense.
"There's been no official approach or unofficial approach. In any case, it would be pointless because Ricky's made it quite clear that he will never fight again," Speak said.