Top Rank President Bob Arum said he has received Showtime’s bid to broadcast the Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez fight on Nov. 12 and will weigh it against the one he already has received from HBO.
Pacquiao had been fighting exclusively on HBO but Arum bolted to Showtime for the Filipino’s fight against Shane Mosley on May 7.
Pacquiao (53-3-2, 38 knockouts) drew and narrowly outpointed Marquez (38-7, 27 KOs) in two previous meetings (in 2004 and 2008).
"We received Showtime's offer today," said Arum, who is vacationing in Paris. "We will review it and analyze it and make a decision probably within the next week."
Arum also said that the rematch between Miguel Cotto (36-2, 29 KOs) and Antonio Margarito (38-7, 27 KOs) on Dec. 3 is headed for New York's Madison Square Garden rather than the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Margarito stopped Cotto in the 11th round in 2008 at the MGM Grand.
"We told the MGM that it is definitely going to Madison Square Garden," said Arum. "We just believe that New York is a better place to hold that fight."
Asked whether the network that gets Pacquiao-Marquez will also get Margarito-Cotto II, Arum said, "Not necessarily," adding, "Probably, but not necessarily."
Cotto, from Puerto Rico, is a major draw at Madison Square Garden, where he has often fought in June on the eve of New York's City's annual Puerto Rican Day Parade.
Cotto is 8-0 when fighting in New York and he is 6-0 at Madison Square Garden.