A judge has found Floyd Mayweather Jr. not guilty on misdemeanor charges accusing him of threatening two homeowner association security guards outside his Las Vegas home, according to the Associated Press.
Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Diana Sullivan said Wednesday that she was not convinced the guards feared for their safety in the confrontation over parking tickets in October of last year.
The 34-year-old Mayweather (42-0, 26 KOs) faced up to a year in jail and a $2,000 fine if the judge found him guilty of both harassment charges.
Mayweather was accused of threatening to summon “homies” with guns to handle a dispute after the guards ticketed several of his vehicles that were parked near his house in violation of association rules, according to AP.
“If this wasn’t Floyd Mayweather, we wouldn’t have been in court,” attorney Richard Wright said outside the downtown Clark County Regional Justice Center. “Any other case would have resolved with an offer of an apology and a handshake.”
Mayweather is coming off last month’s controversial fourth-round knockout that dethroned Victor Ortiz (29-3-2, 22 KOs) as WBC welterweight titleholder at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
In victory, the Mayweather earned his seventh belt against the 24-year-old Ortiz.
Lem Satterfield can be reached at email@example.com