Heavyweight contenders Tomasz Adamek and Vyacheslav Glazkov will meet in an NBC-televised bout on either the March 15 or April 5 as part of NBC Sports Net's "Fight Night" series, according to Main Events President Kathy Duva.
Adamek (49-2, 29 knockouts) and Glazkov (16-0-1, 11 KOs) were originally scheduled to meet in November before Adamek complained of feeling ill during the week of the bout and pulled out. Glazkov unanimously decisioned Adamek's replacement, Philadelphia’s Garrett Wilson.
"We're definitely going to reschedule it, but we're just deciding what day," said Duva. "We're just working on it. By the end of the week, we hope to have the schedule in place."
RICHARD ABRIL TO FACE EDUARD TROYANOVSKY ON MARCH 15
WBA lightweight beltholder Richard Abril (18-3-1, 8 KOs), of Miami by way of Cuba, will defend his belt against Russia's Eduard Troyanovsky (17-0, 14 KOs) on March 15 in an event to be promoted in Moscow by Vlad Hrunov, according to various reports.
Abril ended an 11-month ring absence with a unanimous decision over Sharif “The Lion” Bogere (23-1, 15 KOs) in March. Prior to Bogere, Abril had last been in the ring in April of 2012 for a disputed split-decision loss to Brandon Rios .
TONY THOMPSON-ODLANIER SOLIS SLATED FOR MARCH 15
American heavyweight veteran Tony Thompson (38-4, 26 KOs), a Washington, D.C.-based southpaw who turned 42 in October, said that his bout with 2004 Cuban Olympic gold medalist Odlanier Solis (20-1, 13 KOs) has been moved from March 22 to March 15 in Istanbul, Turkey.
Between his two losses to RING champion Wladimir Klitschko — by 11th- and sixth-round stoppage in the July of 2008 and July of 2012, respectively — Thompson underwent two separate surgeries to repair a torn meniscus.
Solis, 33, has won three straight, one by stoppage, since being knocked out by Vitali Klitschko in March of 2011.
Thompson had won seven of his past eight fights, all by knockout, before falling to Russian Kubrat Pulev (19-0, 10 KOs) by unanimous decision in an IBF eliminator bout in August.
Prior to facing Pulev, Thompson had last been in the ring on July 6, representing a span of just 50 days from when he scored his second consecutive stoppage of England’s previously unbeaten David Price. Both of the wins over Price were accomplished in hostile territory in Liverpool, with Thompson rising from a second-round knockdown in their rematch.
Thompson’s initial win over Price followed his second loss to Klitschko, holder of the RING, IBF, WBA and WBO belts. Like Price, who had scored nine straight knockouts before suffering his first loss, the nearly 6-toot-5 Pulev had been on a bit of a run with three consecutive stoppage victories.
"They changed my fight with Solis from March 22 to March 15 in Istanbul, but this time, I'll have time to rest my body," said Thompson, a who stands 6-5 and is a married father of seven children.
"I'm not taking a fight three or four weeks after a fight like I did after the fight with David Price. So I'm coming in there fresher. I'll be in a whole lot better shape and I'll be a whole lot better of a Tony Thompson, so I'm looking forward to this one."