Eight-division titlewinner Manny Pacquiao is determined to regain the WBO welterweight belt from Timothy Bradley on April 12 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where Pacquiao lost to Bradley by split-decision in June of 2012.
"I'm happy that Bradley agreed to fight me a second time," said Pacquiao, in a statement to RingTV.com. "This will be a different fight. I will get back from me what he took from me in this last fight."
In his last two fights, Bradley (31-0, 12 knockouts) rose from a 12th-round knockdown to secure a unanimous decision over Ruslan Provodnikov in March of last year before earning a split-decision over Juan Manuel Marquez in October.
Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38 KOs), who turned 35 in December, rebounded from the setback against Bradley and a knockout loss to Marquez by easily out-boxing Brandon Rios in November in Macau, China.
Pacquiao's advisor, Michael Koncz, said the fighter does not "view" the setback against Marquez "as a serious loss because we were dominating the fight, but Manny got careless, and he connected on a good punch that Manny walked right into."
Like Pacquiao, Koncz believes that the rematch with Bradley will be different assuming Pacquiao's strategy includes more movement.
"Manny can box," said Koncz. "Of course he's going to box. Manny can adjust round after round, and I think that you will see a difference in this fight."