Floyd Mayweather Jr. will be interviewed on Showtime during tonight's telecast of ShoBox: The New Generation card, which the fighter is promoting from the Turning Stone Resort Casino Event Center in Verona, N.Y., the network announced on Friday.
Mayweather will appear on the network for the first time since announcing that he will face Marcos Maidana on May 3 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
The Mayweather Promotions show is headlined by super middleweight prospect J'Leon Love (16-0, 9 KOs) and Vladine Biosse (15-2-2, 7 KOs), and includes world-rated super middleweight Badou Jack (16-0-1, 11 KOs) against Derek Edwards (26-3-1, 13 KOs), and middleweight prospect Chris Pearson (10-0, 9 KOs) against Lanardo Tyner (31-8-2, 20 KOs).
The telecast is scheduled to begin at 9:30 PM ET/PT, being delayed on the West Coast.
ANTHONY OGOGO RETURNS ON SATURDAY
Unbeaten 2012 Olympic bronze medalist Anthony Ogogo will make his 2014 debut on against Greg O'Neil on the undercard of the Ricky Burns-Terence Crawford fight on Saturday in Glasgow, Scotland, Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer announced on Thursday.
"Anthony has been very impressive so far in his career, and it's going to be interesting to see how he's progressed over the last couple months," said Schaefer of Ogogo, who will fight a six-round middleweight bout to be televised by Sky Sports
"Saturday'ss card is a big one in Scotland, and it's good for Anthony to be around that big fight atmosphere as he develops into a world champion. The way things have looked so far, that day may be coming very soon, as he has all the tools to challenge the best in the world in the near future, and we're excited to be on board with him as he moves to the top of the division."
A 25-year-old from Great Britain, Ogogo (4-0, 2 KOs) was last in the ring for a unanimous decision over Dan Blackwell in December.
"I am really excited to be fighting in the March 1 bill, and can't wait to get back in the ring for the first time this year," said Ogogo.
"It's a huge year for Glasgow with the Commonwealth Games going there this summer, and so it's going to be great to be able to fight there and experience the city, it should be a fantastic atmosphere."
The 22-year-old O'Neil (3-1) won his first three pro bouts before falling by sixth-round stoppage in his last fight against unbeaten Lewis Taylor in March.
GEORGE FOREMAN CALLS ANDY RUIZ AMERICA'S BEST HEAVYWEIGHT
George Foreman says that Andy Ruiz can be "hands down the best heavyweight that America has" if he follows one suggestion: Don't lose too much weight.
A 64-year-old former heavyweight champion, Foreman was ringside in Macau when Ruiz (21-0, 15 knockouts) scored his seventh straight stoppage victory, doing so in the third round against Tor Hamer (21-3, 14 KOs).
Although Ruiz out-weighted Hamer, 257.8 pounds to 220, Foreman doesn't see the 24-year-old native Mexico's girth as an impediment to success.
"Don't judge him on his appearance, because that's just the way that he looks. I just hope that he doesn't start trying to trim up and doing all of that stuff and trying to make himself look like a Sylvester Stallone," said Foreman, who weighted 250-pounds in November 1994 when his 10th-round knockout of Michael Moorer made him the oldest man to win a heavyweight championship at the age of 45.
"If he doesn't do that, then he'll be a great fighter. If he's doing his push-ups and sit-ups, sometimes, you're not going to have a designer body. But that doesn't mean that you can't be the heavyweight champion of the world. These guys today, they only lose it when they start trying to look like body builders. As long as he just stays in good condition, then he can be heavyweight champion of the world."
Although Top Rank CEO Bob Arum agrees with Foreman, he said Ruiz "should lose a little," adding, "George knows more than I do, because I'm not a nutritionist."
"Hands down, the one that I'm really looking at is Andy Ruiz. Top Rank is promoting him. He's not that tall, but he's a genuine puncher and he knows how to position himself to punch. I think that is, hands down, the best heavyweight that America has, right there," said Foreman.
"Everybody wants to look good, and then they start doing things to make themselves look good. But as long as he stays away from all of that, and he continues to develop, then we've got a heavyweight champion on our hands."
JORGE ARCE RETURNS ON MARCH 8
Jorge Arce will fight as a featherweight on March 8 against Aldimar Silva Santos (19-7, 10 KOs) in Mexico, according to matchmaker Sean Gibbons of Zanfer Promotions.
A 34-year-old former titleholder, Arce (62-7-2, 47 KOs) Coming off an eighth-round stoppage win over Jose Carmona in November to rebound from a third-round knockout loss to Nonito Donaire in December 2012.