The junior middleweight title fight between Carlos Molina and Jermall Charlo is off Saturday's Canelo Alvarez-Alfredo Angulo card in Las Vegas, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer told RingTV.com.
It will be replaced by a lightweight fight between Ricard Alvarez and Sergio Thompson on the pay-per-view portion of the card.
Molina, who was arrested Tuesday, remained in a federal immigration holding cell as the weigh-in for the card approached on Friday afternoon. The Mexican-born fighter is wanted in Wisconsin for obstruction and failing to register as a sex offender, according to a Clark County Detention Center spokesperson.
"It is off," Schaefer said. "I don't know when Molina is going to be released but certainly not in time to participate in the weigh-in. And if you can't participate in the weigh-in, then you cannot fight the next day, so his fight is definitely off."
Molina is wanted by the Sheriff’s department in Outagamie, Wisc., on the sex charges, which have been pending since January 2007, and the Appleton Police Department on a misdemeanor disorderly conduct warrant that had been pending since 2005, according to Yahoo! Sports.
The televised portion of a card also features WBC 122-pound beltholder Leo Santa Cruz in a defense against Cristian Mijares, and Jorge Linares against Nihito Arakawa in a lightweight fight.