Nikola Sjekloca vowed "to dethrone" Arthur Abraham on May 3 when he faces the WBO super middleweight titlist at the Velodrom in Berlin, Germany according to a release by Sauerland Events.
The 35-year-old Sjekloca (26-1, 8 knockouts), of Montenegro, has mostly fought in his home country and neighboring Serbia, his most recent trip abroad being a unanimous decision loss to Sakio Bika in February of last year in Atlantic City.
"I am going to dethrone the 'King' Arthur and take his title away. Last year, I had a competitive fight against Sakio Bika, who went on to win the WBC belt," said Sjekloca.
"Now I want to win the WBO title and unify against Bika in a rematch. I do not underestimate Abraham as I am following his career since he had his first world championship fight. I studied his style in detail and know how to beat him."
The 34-year-old Abraham (39-4, 28 KOs) was last in the ring in March for a split-decision victory over rival Robert Stieglitz, earning the belt from the man who dethroned him by fourth-round TKO on March 23, 2013.
The March win over Stieglitz was the third straight for Abraham since falling to his nemesis, against whom Abraham had won a unanimous decision in August 2012.
"To study my style by watching videos is one thing. To step into the ring against me [is] the other. I am leaving for training camp tomorrow morning," said Abraham.
"I know for a fact that my coach, Ulli Wegner will come up with the right game plan for me to be victorious on May 3. I am really looking forward to defend the WBO world championship in my hometown of Berlin."