IBF bantamweight titleholder Stuart Hall will make the second defense of his belt on June 7 in against unbeaten Paul Butler an all-British clash from the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle, England on June 7, promoters Frank Warren and Dennis Hobson of Queensbury Promotions announced on Monday.
Although both parties have agreed to terms for the bout, it still is subject to approval by the IBF, according to a release.
The 34-year-old Hall (16-2-2, 7 knockouts) is 4-0-1 since falling by unanimous decision to Lee Haskins in July 2012, and is coming off last month's technical draw with Martin Ward that followed December's unanimous decision over Vusi Malinga for the vacant belt.
"Butler is a very good fighter, and his performances have got himself into this position, but he's also talked himself into this fight by making derogatory comments, and I'm really looking forward to making him eat his words. I'll be too big, too strong and he'll regret getting this chance," said Hall.
"I've worked hard to become world champion, and I won't be losing the title. I'll take care of Butler before moving onto my mandatory challenger later in the year. This will be an amazing occasion for the North East. The support I got in my last fight was incredible, and myself and the fans will do the region proud again."
The 25-year-old Butler (15-0, 8 KOs) was last in the ring for last month's fourth-round stoppage of Oreste Bernabe Nieva, who was 2-0-2 in his previous four bouts and had never been stopped. Butler rose in weight for his 118-pound debut against Nieva.
"It’s the fight I've wanted, and I know I've got the skill and firepower to beat Hall and take the world title from him. Hall's a good, strong, fighter. He's the world champion and I respect him for that," said Butler.
"But all respect will go out of the window on the night, and I will do my job and I'll go out and smoke his boots. To fight for the world title is every fighter's dream, and I'll realize that dream on June 7."
CHRISTY MARTIN, LUCIA RIJKER AMONG INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S BOXING HALL OF FAME'S INAUGURAL CLASS
Christy Martin and Lucia Rijker are among the seven women to be inducted into the International Women's Boxing Hall of Fame's inaugural class at a ceremony and brunch on July 10th in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., according to the organization's website.
Other honorees include Barbara Buttrick, Bonnie Canino, Regina Halmich, Christy Halbert and Jo-Ann Hagen, posthumously.
Created by Sue TL Fox, the IWBHF will recognize those in female boxing and others who have contributed to the sport's emergence and growth over the years.