The Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Marcos Maidana fight on Saturday will be one of the biggest fights of the year.
That’s why THE RING Magazine staff put together a comprehensive preview package of the welterweight title fight in its June 2014 issue, which is on newsstands now. Here’s what you get:
- In our lead story, Ron Borges opines in Ducking Opponents? No way that criticism that Mayweather has avoided tough fights isn’t fair. He has generally faced the best … but on his terms.
- Tim Smith understands the value of the pay-per-view business model but suggests in Short Sighted? that it isn’t good for the sport because it doesn’t cater to a wide enough audience.
- In That’s How He Rolls, Bernard Fernandez asked five boxing experts to break down Mayweather’s signature defensive move – the shoulder roll. The results are fascinating.
- Norm Frauenheim writes in More of the Same? that Maidana has considerable momentum after his stunning victory over Adrien Broner but faces the same monumental challenge so many others have failed miserably to meet.
- And, in our head-to-head analysis, RingTV.com Editor Doug Fischer provides his unparalleled breakdown of the Mayweather-Maidana matchup in 20 key categories.
Where can you find the magazine? Just click on the QR code below or go to http://www.wheresmymagazine.com, which will indicate what newsstands in your area sell THE RING.