A Saturday press conference is in the works for smack-talkers Adrien Broner and Paulie Malignaggi.
Price won't fight Fury -- yet
English heavyweight David Price has ruled out fighting Tyson Fury.
English heavyweight David Price has ruled out fighting Tyson Fury for the British and Commonwealth title next month, insisting four weeks is not sufficient time to prepare.
Price (11-0, 9 knockouts), from Liverpool, was reportedly offered the chance to face Fury on Sept. 17 in Belfast, Northern Ireland, as a replacement for Irish veteran Martin Rogan, who pulled out.
But the unbeaten 28-year-old says he has no interest in taking on Fury (15-0, 10 KOs) just yet - and certainly not at such short notice.
Instead, Price, managed by Frank Maloney, will stick to his original schedule of a Nov. 5 date with John McDermott, which being an official British title eliminator should lead to Fury early next year.
“I spoke with Frank last week, and Fury did not come up,” Price told the Liverpool Echo. “If the offer has been put across then I’ve not officially heard about it. But I would not take a British title fight on just four weeks’ notice. I’m not there just to make up the numbers.
“I will be fighting Fury as a mandatory challenger soon anyway and at that point I will have the proper amount of time to prepare.”