The WBC sent out a scary-sounding press release that Willie Monroe Jr. would not comply with WBC safety rules ahead of his matchup with Gennady Golovkin, but it’s not as controversial as it sounds, according to his promoter.
Trainer Tony Morgan’s recent arrest for methamphetamine-related charges threw some doubt on whether the Gennady Golovkin-Willie Monroe Jr. fight would proceed as planned.
While junior middleweights Vanes Martirosyan and Jermell Charlo clash on Saturday, WBO titlist Demetrius Andrade is on the sidelines, seemingly watching everyone else gets their shot in the spotlight. Vladimir Lik recently sat down with “Boo Boo” to get his take on his career.
The anticipated April 18 showdown between 140-pound power punchers Ruslan Provodnikov and Lucas Matthysse at Turning Stone Casino in Verona, New York, has already sold more than 3,000 tickets and is close to selling out, according to co-promoter Artie Pelullo.
Talks are ongoing for junior welterweight bout between Ruslan Provodnikov and Lucas Matthysse at the StubHub Center on March 28. Seemingly, Provodnikov couldn’t be happier with the notion.
Talks are ongoing for a junior welterweight bout between top contenders Lucas Matthysse and Ruslan Provodnikov on March 28 at the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif., according to Provodnikov’s promoter, Artie Pelullo of Banner Promotions.
If all goes well, we could see a junior welterweight showdown between Ruslan Provodnikov and Lucas Matthysse in the spring, according to promoter Artie Pelullo.
Faced with the dubious task of having to meet Jose Luis Castillo in Russia on Friday, former 140-pound titlist Ruslan Provodnikov envisions more lucrative bouts in the future.
The father and trainer of WBO junior middleweight beltholder Demetrius Andrade says his son will not go through with a scheduled Dec. 13 title defense against Jermell Charlo, a fight he says was never finalized, due to the amount of money that was offered for the bout that was part of a Showtime tripleheader.
The rumored showdown Ruslan Provodnikov-Jose Luis Castillo fight has been confirmed for Nov. 28 in Provodnikov’s backyard of Moscow, Russia. It will be Provodnikov’s first fight back in his homeland since December 2011 when he scored a unanimous decision victory over DeMarcus Corley.
WBO junior middleweight beltholder Demetrius Andrade has decided to defend his belt in December, a change of heart that comes less than three weeks after successfully convincing the organization to order a fight between himself and Matt Korobov for its vacant middleweight title.
The WBO ordered its 154-pound beltholder Demetrius Andrade to fight Matt Korobov for the middleweight belt vacated last week by Peter Quillin. The decision didn’t sit well with Korobov’s promoter Bob Arum, who is upset with Andrade’s co-promoter Artie Pelullo.