Negotiations are ongoing for an early September fight between heavyweights Seth Mitchell and Chris Arreola.
Oscar De La Hoya on Floyd Mayweather-Saul “Canelo” Alvarez: “Mayweather will stand in the pocket and fight. He’ll run and he’ll box, but he’ll also stay in the pocket and fight, which can make him vulnerable to being hit.”
Miguel Cotto could be closing in on a date for his ring return this year, and the list of possible opponents includes a lot of heavy hitters.
Unbeaten junior lightweight Will Tomlinson, who faces former titleholder Malcolm Klassen in his native Australia on Thursday, says he wants to unify his IBO belt with the major beltholders of the division. Tomlinson wants to fight in the U.S. soon, and says American fans will love his style.
Olympic gold medalist and former featherweight beltholder Yuriorkis Gamboa will meet Colombia’s Darley Perez in an HBO-televised lightweight match on June 8 in Montreal.
Yuriorkis Gamboa will return to the ring for a clash of unbeatens against Colombian Darley Perez on the June 8 card that also features RING and WBC light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson against Adonis Stevenson.
Heavyweight Tyson Fury is 12 years younger, six inches taller and will be significantly heavier than his rival Steve Cunningham when they meet on April 20.
IBF President Daryl Peoples has received the official post-fight drug test results from Lamont Peterson’s eighth-round knockout victory over Kendall Holt last month.
Austin Trout: “Team Fight to Walk is very important to me. The statistics about number of everyday people and US troops impacted by Spinal Cord Injuries are scary.”
IBF President Daryl Peoples and members of Kendall Holt’s camp want to the D.C. Commission to release the post-fight drug test results from Holt’s loss to Lamont Peterson last month.
IBF beltholder Lamont Peterson on Kendall Holt: “At the end of the day…I don’t think that he will be able to bite down like I’m going to be able to.”
Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.’s case regarding his positive drug test for marijuana metabolites following September’s loss to Sergio Martinez will be heard on Feb. 28, according to Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer.