Modest expectations are set for the number of buys the Gennady Golovkin-David Lemieux middleweight title unification on Saturday will do on HBO pay-per-view.
Saturday’s show at Barclays Center will feature two four-fight veterans of the Brooklyn venue, including undefeated junior welterweight and local resident Zachary Ochoa.
Onetime-allies turned rivals, promoters Oscar De La Hoya and Bob Arum will meet next week to discuss ending the rift between Golden Boy and Top Rank, with both eager to see a matchup between Manny Pacquiao and Danny Garcia.
WBO middleweight titleholder Peter Quillin says network and promoter feuds have kept him from the big fights so far, but insists that he will give his full attention to whoever is put in front of him.
Main Events has dropped a lawsuit filed against advisor Al Haymon, promoter Yvon Michel, Showtime and Golden Boy charging those parties with interfering with a tentative fight between Adonis Stevenson and Sergey Kovalev.
A deal has been reached for IBF and WBA titleholder Bernard Hopkins to face WBO counterpart Sergey Kovalev on Nov. 8, either in Atlantic City or at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
A few hours before Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Marcos Maidana got into the ring at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Oscar De La Hoya came out swinging in his feud with Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions.
IBF light heavyweight titleholder Bernard Hopkins was among those in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday for a summit to support the landmark study underway at The Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, which is monitoring fighters for the effects of combat sports.
Sergio Martinez on defending his middleweight title against Miguel Cotto: “I’m very interested in the fight, but I’m the champion and Cotto is the challenger. I would love to fight Cotto, but I need to be treated with dignity.”
Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer said that he expects Canel Alvarez to make a decision regarding his next opponent potentially as early as next week, with Miguel Cotto being the young former champ’s desired rival.
Miguel Cotto is considering a confirmed package of at least $10 million from Golden Boy Promotions to face Canelo Alvarez, but a widely-reported offer of $15 million to fight middleweight champ Sergio Martinez is unconfirmed.
Three-division titlewinner Miguel Cotto is expected to arrive in Las Vegas on Thursday to discuss potential future fights with Top Rank, which promoted last his one-sided third-round TKO of Delvin Rodriguez last Saturday.
Five-time two-division titlewinner Zab Judah has signed a co-promotional deal with Golden Boy Promotions, it was announced on Monday. Judah spoke with RingTV.com about the new partnership and his willingness to return to the 147-pound division.
Vitali Klitschko, who has been busy in politics and nursing a hand injury, has been given until March to make the mandatory defense of his WBC heavyweight title against Bermane Stiverne.